Daylight savings time is this Sunday. We have to remember to set our clocks one hour forward for Spring. This is also a great time to remind yourself about a few other things as well. Here is a list of 10 things_ I check, change and attend to as well on Day Light Savings:
1. Change the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon_ monoxide detectors
2. Clean out the pantry – discard expired food and donate food that is not getting eaten in your home
3. Clean the fridge coils – get the hose of the vacuum and quickly suck away the dirt and dust that builds up.
4. Take stock of the medicine cabinet – take expired medicines to the pharmacy for proper disposal
5. Flip the mattress – this will help keep it’s shape.
8. Wash the pillows – This is a good habit twice a year. Pillows should generally be replaced every two years.
7. Clean the oven
8. Restock the first aid kit – bandages, ointments, ice packs. make sure they’re there if you need them
9. Make appointments for the dentist
10. Change furnace filters