When you look around your home you might find that there are piles everywhere, clothes that need to be washed or put away, expired food in your fridge or just chaos in general.
The power of an organized home is usually overlooked and the benefits are underrated. A lot of people I speak with are also under the impression that it takes hours and hours at a time to wrangle your clutter and organize your home into functional and beautiful spaces.
Challenge yourself this week to 15 minutes of organizing a day. That’s all! Set a timer and stick to it. With a focused 15 minutes you will amaze yourself with the results. If you commit to 15 minutes a day for 7 days you will complete 1 hour and 45 minutes of clutter wrangling a week… oh the possibilities!
So what can you do in 15 minutes? Here is a list of small projects that can help you reach your goal of organization this year:
- Clear off the kitchen counter
- Organize a drawer
- Do a sweep through the closet and donate clothing your not wearing
- Clean out the fridge
- Sort through books
- Focus on a pile of papers and handle each one – file, recycle, action items etc.
- Work through a list of to-do’s your dreading – 15 minutes max – don’t overwhelm yourself
- Throw in a load of laundry
- Clean out your filing cabinet
- Clean off your desk
- Sort through your purse or briefcase
- Sort through your children’s toys
These are just a few suggestions – the tip of the iceberg! Take a look around your home and pick a starting place. Small changes make a big impact. Start today and work it into your routine. Amaze yourself and find comfort in the small things!
Got an organizing project you want to tackle? Click here get started with a complimentary consultation.