Happy Holidays! We are officially in the full holiday swing. I’m sure your to-do list has grown two-fold and you’re wondering how to get it all done in three weeks without running yourself ragged.
I’ll post a few blogs between now and the end of the year full of tips and tricks to actually enjoy the Holidays instead of worrying, running around, stressing yourself out – then the next thing you know it’s January and all you have to look forward to is a long winter and a pile of gifts you don’t know what to do with.
As you can imagine I’m a big fan of clutter-free gifts. I love giving… and getting gifts, but I’m not a big fan of having to create space in my home for the influx of the Holidays.
Here is a list of clutter-free gifts that I’ve compiled this year. Please feel free to add any of your own ideas to the comment section, I’d love to hear from you!
- Giftcards – itunes, Amazon, Indigo, Borders the list is endless – at most grocery stores now there is a wall of giftcard options for national and local options. Check it out the next time you’re grocery shopping – Multitask your gift shopping
- Spa Certificate – Find out your Mom’s, Bff’s, Girlfriend’s, Wife’s favorite spa and get them a special treatment. It’ll get used and you’ll earn bonus points – THIS is a good one!
- Top Chef University – Learn how to cook this holiday season. This is an amazing product with hundreds of recipes and each one comes with a video that actually teaches you how to make it… BRILLIANT! Check out: http://www.topchefuniversity.com/site/
- Kindle Books – Books are always a great idea and if you purchase them for a kindle, kobo, nook etc. Books are a great gift and it goes right to their device
- Apps – Buy the latest app for your children or your spouse. Who doesn’t love a new app on their phone or tablet to play with or be more productive with
- Donation – This has become a popular option. I would suggest finding something you are very passionate about or the receiver is passionate about. It is a very meaningful gesture.
- Experience – Provide your receiver an experience either with you or someone they love. The ballet, a play, sporting event or a concert. Creating memories are priceless and will last a lifetime
- Services – Provide them with a service they need – handyman service to complete odd jobs, an organizer to get them off to a great start 2012 on a clutter-free start 🙂 Or maybe a dog walker for their pooch
- Baked Goods – Bake your receivers favorite, cookie, bread or cake. Who doesn’t love baked goods… especially during the holidays!
- Volunteer your time – Give your time as a gift. Do they have kids? Babysit to give them an evening out. Do they need help shoveling snow? Offer to shovel their walkway and driveway. Do they need help tidying their house? Offer up a few hours of cleaning services
Be creative this Holiday Season and give your receivers a reason to smile and save yourself the stress of finding a meaningless trinket they would rather regift than put in their home!
Got an organizing project you want to tackle? Click here get started with a complimentary consultation.